On this course, you'll integrate analytical techniques for optimisation with the current issues and latest developments in technology relating to logistics and operations management. You'll learn how to streamline activities to improve the overall effectiveness and efficiency of an organisation. And you'll plan and produce a personal research-driven project, honing your skills and knowledge in the field.
We'll provide the expertise and support so you can develop your professional practice. Once you graduate, you'll have all the tools required for a career in logistics and operations management, either in the UK or further afield.
On this course, you'll:
- Study key topics in the field, including Logistics Modelling, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management and Strategic Logistics
- Use our simulation software to solve real-life case studies
- Develop the problem-solving, decision-making and interpersonal skills essential to a career in logistics and supply chain management
- Get to grips with specialist mathematical and statistical packages in our computer labs
- Carry out research into a large-scale or challenging logistics problem, such as transportation, warehouse design and layout, container port layout, production planning or green logistics
- Learn from academic staff with experience in the field, including research and consultancy
Careers and opportunities
Logistics and supply chain management are critical in most organisations. When you graduate from this course, you'll be qualified for a career in the traditional areas of manufacturing logistics, distribution and supply chain management, but also industries such as postal and express delivery, the emergency services, the military and defence industry.
Career opportunities include:
- Production management
- Transportation management
- Quality control
- Facilities planning
- Supply chain management
- Passenger transportation
This course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT). Students studying CILT accredited courses receive exemptions from the academic requirements for membership.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Logistics Modelling
- Operations Management
- Project (Masters Logistics)
- Strategic Logistics
- Supply Chain Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesAccounting Supply Chain Management & Logistics View 271 other Masters in Accounting in United Kingdom
- A second-class honours degree in a relevant subject, or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications.
Living costs for Portsmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.