Learning from faculty active in research, practice, and policy setting, you will be equipped to produce and analyse high quality information to guide organizations in investment decisions, planning, performance evaluation, restructurings, and funding activities.
We emphasize interaction between theory and practice and contemporary development within digitalization and sustainability.
About the Programme
Accounting and financial management are crucial for the economy’s efficiency. Strong competences in both accounting and financial management are needed to understand the interplay of the financial processes under constantly changing circumstances in today’s increasingly complex society.
The Accounting and Financial Management at the University of Gothenburg stands out by providing these competences, built upon a strong research base in sustainability aspects. Knowledge of both accounting and financial management, with a strong foundation in sustainability, equips you with a skillset in high demand and prepares you for qualified work within the fields of accounting and financial management.
Graduates of the programme receive a Degree of Master of Science (120 credits) with a major in Accounting and Financial Management.
Our first graduating class reports a high rate of employment offers by the time of graduation. They work in places such as financial advisory firms, accounting firms, and corporate finance functions in positions such as controller, auditor, and financial analyst.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Corporate Finance
- Perspectives on Accounting and Financial Management
- Theoretical Perspectives of Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting, Strategy and Control
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Applied Corporate Finance
- Research in Accounting and Financial Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Accounting View 17 other Masters in Finance in Sweden
- Bachelor's degree (equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen) from an internationally recognized university and be able to demonstrate proficiency in English by means of an internationally recognized test, e. g. TOEFL, IELTS. The level of English must be equivalent to English 6/English B from Swedish Upper Secondary School.
The applicant s university education must include
- 60 credits of Business Administration and 30 credits Economics or 60 credits of Economics and 30 credits Business Administration, and
- a specialization in Accounting or Finance/Financial Management, and
- a minimum of 15 credits in Statistics, or 7.5 hec in Statistics and 7.5 credits in quantitative methods and/or Mathematics
International7911 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15822 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- Full programme cost 166 000 SEK
- Application and tuition fees do not apply for EU/EEA citizens or exchange students.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.