This Postgraduate Certificate in Environmental Management course from The Open University UK addresses the everyday concerns of environmental protection, natural resource management and rapidly changing environmental legislation and policy. You will explore biophysical, social, political and economic factors from local to global level, and develop the skills you need to participate creatively in the process of improving environmental performance in your own context.
Key features of the course
- Widens your knowledge of the environment and develops your skills in making informed decisions about environmental issues
- Approaches environmental decision making from a systems viewpoint
- Considers how to assess and manage sustainability in an organisation and work towards a more sustainable future.
This certificate is the first stage of a study programme that progresses to a postgraduate diploma and finally a masters degree. You can step off at any point, or study the whole programme.
Our environmental management programme is for people who are interested in designing, managing and participating in more effective environmental decision-making processes. For example, if you are involved in setting up or responding to environmental or integrated management systems, planning new development projects or are trying to understand or manage sustainability.
Students on our environmental management programme are drawn from industry, commerce, local government, consultancies, non-governmental organisations and communities. They include people already involved in environmental management and those who wish to be – both personally and professionally.
You can select modules that are most relevant to your interests and career aspirations as your study builds from postgraduate certificate through diploma to our MSc.
This qualification will equip you with the skills and knowledge necessary to work in this expanding sector.
Programme StructureCompulsory modules:
- Making environmental decisions
- Managing for sustainability
The learning outcomes of this qualification are described in four areas:
- Knowledge and understanding
- Cognitive skills
- Practical and professional skills
- Key skills
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Management View 13 other Masters in Environmental Management in United Kingdom
- You should normally hold a bachelors degree from a UK university, or the equivalent.
- If you do not have a degree you will need to be adequately prepared for postgraduate study. You will be required to write essays and reports at a high level, to undertake work with numerical data, and to understand and apply scientific principles.
- Your spoken and written English must be of an adequate standard for postgraduate study. If English is not your first language, we recommend that you will need a minimum overall score of 6 and minimum score of 5.5 in each of the four components: reading, writing, speaking and listening under the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
International3940 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3940 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA3940 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3940 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!