- #3 in the world for Public Health - ShanghaiRanking 2020
- #3 in Public, Environmental and Occupational Health and #4 in Infectious Diseases (US News Best Global Universities Subject Ranking 2021)
- 91% overall student satisfaction - Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey 2019-20
Graduates from this One Health - Ecosystems, Humans and Animals at London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine will have the knowledge and skills provided by experienced scientists in order to be able to respond rapidly and effectively to outbreaks of disease as well as controlling endemic disease at the interface between humans, animals and the environment.
This course is also available as a Postgraduate Diploma
By the end of this programme, students should be able to:
- understand the One Health concept and approach problem solving using a transdisciplinary methodology
- understand the origin, context and drivers of infectious disease at the human, animal and environment interface
- evaluate impacts of multi-host infections on human, animal and ecosystem health and economics directly, or indirectly via food, vectors or the environment
- develop a One Health systems approach to complex disease issues in monitoring, surveillance, diagnosis, prevention and control
- critically review published literature
- design and complete a research project (MSc only)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of One Health (RVC)
- Infectious Disease Emergence (RVC)
- Economics of One Health (RVC)
- One Health Skills Development (RVC)
- Medical Anthropology and Public Health (LSHTM)
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Animal Sciences View 1656 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- Applicants should have a first- or second-class university honours degree or equivalent. Individuals with degrees in biological sciences, veterinary or human medicine, animal sciences, social sciences, statistics and economics, are all encouraged to apply.
- Applicants from overseas will be required to provide evidence of proficiency in spoken and written English, including scientific usage and comprehension.
International22710 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22710 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12570 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12570 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home: £6,390
- Overseas: £11,460
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.