The MSc Business and Management degree is ideal if you want to pursue a postgraduate course in management. You'll study key themes including internationalisation and corporate engagement, so when you graduate, you'll be qualified for a career in all kinds of organisations, whether in the UK or further afield.
You'll have the tools you need to enter the world of business, or to work in the public or private sectors in industries such as banking, commerce, finance and recruitment.
What you'll experienceOn this course, you'll:
- Use case studies to analyse complex problems, explore the uncertain nature of business, evaluate possible solutions and plan their implementation
- Study business topics, including marketing, HR, economics, operations management, corporate strategy and financial management
- Complete a business research project, with the option to specialise in a management area of your choice
- Have the opportunity to undertake a work placement and complete a work-based project
- Tap in to our Library’s vast selection of electronic resources, which are available 24/7 and include access to thousands of e-journals
Careers and opportunities
When you graduate, you'll have the skills and knowledge needed for a successful career in business or management roles.
What jobs can you do with a Business and Management degree?
Career opportunities include:
- Management graduate trainee
- Trainee trader
- Business development and consultancy
- Financial and risk analysis
- Sales and marketing co-ordinator
- Market researcher
Alternatively, you may choose to start your own business, or enter further academic study. Whatever you decide to do, you'll get advice and support from our Careers and Employability Service.
This course has EPAS accreditation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Core modules in this teaching block include:
- International Marketing
- Human Resource Management
- Operations Management
- Management Development
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management, Organisation & Leadership View 1698 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
- A second-class honours degree or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications.
International15100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15100 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- UK/EU/Channel Islands and Isle of Man students: Part time - £3,500 a year
- International students: Part time - £5,030 a year
Living costs for Portsmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.