On this course, you'll improve your knowledge of HR in an international context. You'll learn about the globalisation of business and its effect on the HR industry, and explore why HR measures that are effective in one country can fail in another, even within the same organisation.
When you graduate, you'll have the skills to manage people across borders, and to handle cross-cultural issues in international HR. And because these skills are in demand in the HR industry and beyond, you'll be ready to advance your career in business development, recruitment, or training and development.
What you will experience?
On this course, you'll:
- Be taught in multi-national classes, benefitting from the diverse backgrounds, academic profiles and work experiences of other students
- Take part in skills development workshops, where you'll contribute to managerial and HR based activities
- Study HR and professional skills, human resources management (HRM), and international HR
- Complete a strategic research project on a topic of your choice, integrating theory and practice that are beneficial to your career
- Benefit from a flexible approach, with web, email and phone access to many of our facilities.
- Access the library's electronic journals, resources and database collections
- Have the chance of being selected for an HR-related placement, arranged by the Faculty, within a Portsmouth-based company
Careers and opportunities
We are an Approved Centre for the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). When you graduate, you'll be eligible for Associate Membership of the CIPD, and depending on your previous experience, you may also meet the criteria for Chartered Membership. The CIPD is the world's largest internally-recognised Chartered HR and development professional body.
The international focus of this course will give you a greater understanding of global business and improve your chances of securing work internationally, or with an international organisation.
Once you've graduated, you can pursue a career in:
- Human resources
- Business development and consultancy
- Training and Development
We'll provide you with as much support as possible in finding employment through close industrial contacts, careers events, recruitment fairs and individual advice.
This course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Developing Skills for Business Leadership
- Issues and Debates in International HRM
- Leading Managing and Developing People
- Learning and Development
- Managing Employment Relations an a Global Context
- Research Skills for the HR Professional
- Resourcing and Talent Management
- The HR Practitioner
- The International Business Context
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesInternational Relations Psychology Human Resource Management View 255 other Masters in Human Resource Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A second-class honours degree or equivalent in any academic subject and seeking to pursue/continue a HR career.
- Applicants with appropriate work experience and a Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Level 3 or 5 qualifications will be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.