The MSc in Veterinary Education is a unique part-time programme designed to promote educational excellence in the field of veterinary education. Developed by experts at the RVC's prestigious LIVE Centre, the programme can be studied as a distance learner, face-to-face at the Hawkshead campus, Hertfordshire, or using a combination of the two delivery modes. It is a flexible programme of study aimed at:
- Professionals who are involved in the delivery of education and training in the veterinary or para-veterinary sectors at either further education, undergraduate and/or postgraduate levels
- Practising veterinary surgeons and other para-veterinary professionals involved in workplace training.
The programme comprises five separate, progressive courses.Students can begin and end their studies at a point that suits their previous experience, qualifications and career aspirations.
More informationVisit official programme website
Principles and Practice in Veterinary Education I
The Principles and Practice in Veterinary Education I course is designed to facilitate the development of staff who undertake a relatively small range of teaching and learning support activity. This course is ideal for early career researchers with some teaching responsibilities, PhD students, staff new to teaching with part-time academic responsibilities, staff who support academic provision such as learning technologists, learning developers, library staff and staff who have a demonstrator or laboratory technician role. On successful completion of this part of the programme, graduates automatically become an Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (AFHEA).
This module provides a broad overview of the key principles which underpin professional education. The units of study are:
- Student learning
- Teaching methods
- Assessing student learning
- Evaluating and improving practice
- Integrated curriculum
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Regular optional meetings
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesEducation Veterinary Medicine View 35 other Masters in Veterinary Medicine in United Kingdom
- Entry to the programme will be open to graduates with a university degree or equivalent educational experience which is acceptable to the Royal Veterinary College
- Entry to the PG Diploma will be open to candidates with a PG certificate in higher education (level 7 qualification) or subject to Assessment of Prior Learning and Admission with Advanced Standing
- Entry to the final stage of MSc in Veterinary Education will be open to those candidates who have successfully completed the PG Diploma in Veterinary Education
International9470 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9470 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA9470 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9470 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Professional and Career Development Loans
Available to applicants for: All MSc courses
A Professional and Career Development Loan could help you pay for learning that enhances your job skills or career prospects. It’s a bank loan, so you’ll have to pay it back once you’ve left your course. However, you don’t pay interest for the period when you’re in learning.
To be eligible, you’ll need to be:
- 18 or over
- ‘settled’ in the UK, and have been ordinarily resident in the UK for at least the three years prior to the start of your learning programme
- intending to work in the UK, the EU or the EEA when the course finishes
‘Settled’ means having either indefinite leave to enter or remain or having the right of abode in the UK.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.