This MA in International Publishing from City, University of London is designed for aspiring professionals who recognise that the global publishing industry is changing dramatically - and who wish to equip themselves with the knowledge and skills needed by the next generation of publishers. Your first degree might be from the Humanities, the Social Sciences or the Sciences; and you might be a recent graduate or someone with work experience either in publishing or in another field.
Located in the heart of London, the global centre of this creative, dynamic industry, this MA explores how publishing is evolving in the face of digitisation.
The programme provides you with an applied understanding of how books, journals, magazines and interactive resources are conceived, developed and marketed, including the key role of authorship.
You will be encouraged to explore whether your interests lie in publishing for entertainment, education, research or information. Alongside research-led analytical assignments, you will develop a portfolio of achievements relating to the global industry which reflect the range of professional roles in contemporary publishing, including editorial, marketing, production, and both print and digital content development.
City’s International Publishing graduates develop careers in a variety of organisations, with the majority of each class achieving a publishing role within months of graduating. The roles of a recent class show the range of possible careers in global publishing, including:
- Trainee, Foreign Language Publishing Co, Shanghai
- Rights Assistant, Literary Agency
- Contracts Assistant and International Sales Representative, Academic Publishing
- Rights Assistant, Fiction, Paris
- Editorial Business Analyst, Condé Nast Japan
- Marketing Assistant, Academic Publishing
- Editor, Economics website
- Publicist, Hachette NZ
- Magazine Publishing, Beijing
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Business and Marketing in Publishing
- The role of Editorial & Production: Managing Authors, Lists & Intellectual Property
- Digital Publishing
- Publishing History and Culture
- Major Project - Publishing and International Publishing (60 credits)
- International Publishing Case Studies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMarketing Creative Writing Journalism View 378 other Masters in Marketing in United Kingdom
You should have:
- an upper second class honours degree or the equivalent from an international institution
- evidence of a commitment to a career in publishing (such as experience within bookselling or publishing, voluntary or professional experience on a publication)
- or evidence of research into current industry conditions
You are also encouraged to apply if you have relevant professional experience.
International16980 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16980 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
National10080 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10080 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.