Your learning will span from global inequality and tax evasion to financial regulation and financial crises. You will also pursue your own specialist area.
In this Global Political Economy programme from City, University of London you will gain analytical skills alongside the ability to critically evaluate the relationships between markets, governments and networks.
We aim to give you an advanced concept of global capitalism problems in the 21st century and allow you to examine rapid economic change and its socio-political roots.
Our Global Political Economy MA provides you with the transferable skills and knowledge needed to enter professions directly related to your studies.
When you graduate you will be able to confidently engage with economic and financial developments and pursue careers in a variety of sectors.
These sectors might include:
- banking and finance
- transnational corporations.
- civil service and international diplomacy
- the media
- development agencies.
- Global political economy: contemporary approaches
- Global capitalism: past, present, future
- GPE dissertation
- Understanding Security in the Twenty-First Century
- Cultural Logics of Contemporary Capitalism
- Political Economy of Global Finance
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEconomics International Relations Political Science View 494 other Masters in Political Science in United Kingdom
- You should have an upper second class honours degree or the equivalent from an international institution in social sciences, humanities, law, business studies or another related discipline.
- However, we will also consider applications from students with a degree in any other subject where applicants have gained significant professional experience in a related field of employment or research.
- No formal training in economics is required.
International15920 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15920 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10080 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10080 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part-time per year
- UK: £5,040
- Overseas/EU: £7,960
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.