Graduates of the Environmental Studies degree at the Tel Aviv University have careers in environmental consulting, national and international non-governmental organizations, civil service, environmental education, and more. The M.A. is a one-year (3 semesters) accelerated interdisciplinary program.
Core courses provide students with an in-depth knowledge of Environmental Policy, Global Warming, Energy and the City, Ecology, Marine Systems in the Mediterranean, and more. A wide range of advanced courses allow the exploration of topics as diverse as Water Policy, Sustainability, Environmental Education, and more.
Students also have the opportunity to participate in special courses including field trips focused on environmental issues in Israel, a research seminar where students can pursue a topic of their choice, and a 4-month internship in one of Israel's leading companies specializing in environmental advocacy, environmental planning, social justice, transportation, green architecture, and more.
The Department of Environmental Studies at the Porter School of the Environment and Earth Sciences brings together a team of local and international experts who specialize in different aspects of water management in conflict areas. This department has long been recognized as one of Israel's most innovative environmental institutions. The capsule building in which the studies occur is uniquely designed to incorporate advanced energy and water saving environmental technologies, and is the number 1 green building in the Middle East. It is also the first building in Israel to win LEED Platinum accreditation.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Explore Environmental Economics
- Ethics and Israeli Ecology
- Global Environmental Issues
- Field Trips: Environmental Issues in Israel and the Region
- Quantitative Research Methods for Environmental Studies
- Changes in ways of perceiving the environment with the shift to agriculture
- Essentials in Introductory Ecology: The Israeli perspective
- Marine systems of the Mediterranean region: Environmental challenges
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
Applications will be accepted after May 31st on a rolling admissions policy.
- Our student body reflects the multidisciplinary nature of the environmental studies department. Students come from many different academic backgrounds with the common goal of learning about the environment in order to improve it for generations to come.
- Hence, a B.A. / B.Sc. degree in any field is accepted.
- A final grade of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or at least 80 on the Israeli grading scale (or its equivalent), from a university or similar accredited institute of higher education, is required to be eligible for candidacy.
International17500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17500 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.