Taught in one of Israel's foremost higher education institutions, our program is the only one of it's kind in Israel and in the world, allowing students from a variety of countries across the globe to study the archaeology and history of the Land of the bible IN the Land of the Bible.
The Archaeology and Ancient Near Eastern Cultures program from Tel-Aviv University offers the opportunity to gain fieldwork experience in the most exciting excavations conducted in Israel by TAU scholars, while providing the most up-to-date, modern and scientific tools to the area's archaeological and historical studies.
- Our geographic location. Our students get the unique opportunity of exploring the Land of the Bible, in the places where it actually took place – participating in some of the World's most popular excavations in Masada, Jerusalem's City of David, Megiddo and more.
- Our Staff. Taught by world-renowned archaeological scholars, in one of Israel most prestigious educational institutions, the program provides academic knowledge, practical experience and ancient language skills.
- Career opportunities Coming from a variety of backgrounds, our alumni often choose to stay in the field of Archaeology, and, upon completing their theses, find an occupation within the field of archaeology.
More informationVisit official programme website
- An Introduction to Field Archaeology: Theory and Method
- The archaeology and history of the land of Israel throughout the periods: Late Bronze Age and Early Iron Age
- The archaeology and history of the land of Israel throughout the periods: Iron Age
- The archaeology and history of the land of Israel throughout the periods: Late Persian and Hellenistic Periods
- Objects in Context
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Archaeology Religious Studies & Theology View 3 other Masters in Archaeology in Israel
- In order to be admitted we request our applicants to submit documents (listed below), to have a total average grade of 3.0, 80% or B in their BA degree from an accredited academic institution and submit English proficiency exam (if relevant). We accept students from all academic backgrounds.
- Official BA transcript is mandatory + official transcripts for any transferred credits (if relevant). Please send the original document. Not a copy or a scan.
- Additional diplomas and transcripts are optional. Please note: Transcripts must be submitted in their original language (for example German, Chinese etc.) and in English. Transcripts in English must be official from the university itself
- Diploma (for applicants who finished their BA before 2016)
- Two letters of recommendations
International15000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15000 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.