Why study MA Education at Middlesex University?
The core focus of this innovative Education MA course at the Middlesex University is exceptional education. The part-time course meets the needs of those who wish to further their knowledge of the theory and processes of education, but cannot commit to full-time studies. The course may be undertaken on an individual or collective basis, with groups of teachers and education professionals both eligible to enroll.
Structured so that assignments can be built into your working practice, the course will maximise the effectiveness of your teaching, leadership and management. We encourage participants to evaluate existing practices, develop new approaches and become immersed in action enquiry based research.
Middlesex's extensive history of delivering leading education courses ensures that you will benefit from the guidance of outstanding tutors who bring a wealth of professional experience to their teaching. As research-leaders, our academics are widely published across disciplines such as multilingualism, diversity and childhood development.
Specialist Pathway: MA Education (Drama)
This focused pathway of the Education MA programme is delivered in conjunction with Trestle Theatre Company and is specifically designed for teachers and lecturers of drama, theatre studies and performing arts. The course explores a variety of theatre practices relating to education and creative learning, as well as sharing years of specialist mask and physical theatre expertise developed through Trestle’s work. Professionals who are interested in this award title should apply for the MA Education programme, clearly stating they wish to work towards the MA Education (Drama) exit award and select the below modules:
- Developing Professional Practice
- Action Enquiry for improvement
- The education department is at the cutting edge of teaching and learning practice in the UK
- Thought-leaders in their field, our tutors are able to contribute the very latest research findings to the course
- For those registering in groups, the course pathway is developed by the University in partnership with schools or other agencies, who may offer module delivery at a convenient location
- Accreditation of Prior Learning is available in all but the dissertation module, allowing you to gain credit for prior study and therefore shorten your overall study period
- As a participant of this course you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Developing Effective Teaching and Learning
- Developing Effective Leadership and Management
- Developing Professional Practice in Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Teaching View 242 other Masters in Educational Research in United Kingdom
- Applicants should have a 2:2 or above from a Bachelor honours degree
- Applicants should normally be working in education
- GCSE C English or equivalent
International42 GBP/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42 GBP per credit during 12 months.
National42 GBP/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42 GBP per credit during 12 months.
- EU: £42 per credit
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.