Each student chooses one specialization and the focus of their studies is in that track. All students must complete five type A/required courses. The remainder of the programme consists of type B/selective and type C/elective courses that the student chooses based on the track chosen.
The student from the English Language and Literature programme at Masaryk University then writes a Master’s thesis based on the track and relevant coursework. With the exception of some courses in translation, all teaching, coursework, and exams in this study programme are carried out in the English language.
Graduates with this degree are capable of complex written and oral expression in English.
They have a deep knowledge of the literatures, cultures, and histories of the major English-speaking countries, including the United Kingdom, the United States, Ireland, and the Commonwealth countries.
They are able to analyse various forms and functions of language in diverse genres and communicative situations. In addition to work in the fields of translating, interpreting, editing, journalism, tourism, and teaching at both the secondary and tertiary levels, graduates are well-suited for any profession that demands the ability to think and express themselves independently and critically.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Pragmatics: Meaning in Context
- Semantics: The English Verb
- Sociolinguistic Skills: Academic Oracy
- Theory of Biography
- Contemporary British Women Novelists
- Pronunciation Varieties of English
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Literature View 4 other Masters in Languages in Czech Republic
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- two letters of recommendation, one of which must be from a teacher
- statement of purpose in English (750 words maximum)
- copy of the applicant's Bachelor's thesis or its equivalent or 15 pages of applicant´s original academic paper
- a document demonstrating English-language skills at the C1 level
- transcript of university/college studies
- programme North-American Culture Studies requires demonstration of French-language/Spanish language skills at the B1 level
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2500 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2500 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.