In this course in Environmental Management at The Open University UK you will examine current concerns of environmental protection, natural resource management and rapidly changing environmental legislation and policy, in local and global contexts. You’ll also develop the skills you need to unpack the issues and participate creatively in the process of improving environmental performance in all sectors of society.
Key features of the course
- Develops essential skills for successfully addressing environmental issues
- A choice of professional or research routes
- Provides a rigorous approach to solving complex real world problems.
Our environmental management programme is for people who are interested in designing, managing and participating in more effective environmental decision-making processes. For example, if you are involved in setting up or responding to environmental or integrated management systems, planning new development projects or are trying to understand or manage sustainability. Students are drawn from industry, commerce, local and national governments, consultancies, non-governmental organisations and communities. They include people already involved in environmental management and those who wish to be – both personally and professionally.
The professional route, where you take the MSc professional project as your final module, is particularly suitable if you want to develop your career in industry, commerce, the public sector or the third sector. The research route is more applicable if you intend to develop a career in research or go on to undertake study leading to a PhD or other research degree.
- Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM)
- Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Making environmental decisions
- Managing for sustainability
- Making strategy through systems thinking in practice
- Managing change with systems thinking in practice
- Project management
- Technology innovation management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 360 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You should normally hold a bachelors degree in a science or engineering discipline from a UK university, or the equivalent.
- If you do not have a technical degree you will need to be adequately prepared for postgraduate study in this area. You will be required to write technical essays and reports at a high level, carry out calculations using logarithms and the exponential function, analyse numerical data, and understand and apply scientific principles in relation to chemical reactions, biological processes and energy conversion.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12080 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12080 GBP per year during 36 months.
National12080 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12080 GBP per year during 36 months.
- The total cost you pay for your qualification is dependent on the modules you choose to study. With us, you pay for your modules as you study them, rather than the whole qualification up front.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.