University College Cork’s online Master of Public Health will prepare you to investigate, evaluate and address public health challenges, whatever your professional background.
On graduation you will be equipped with the core knowledge and specialised skills necessary to make a real difference in public health. This is a full-time and structured programme, delivered over 12 months.
The MPH is an innovative multi-disciplinary course where you can specialise in health promotion, health protection or epidemiology and biostatistics. The course offers both quantitative and qualitative research methods, and you can apply this knowledge to your dissertation. Our modules are developed and taught by a dedicated team of staff, who are experts in a variety of public health areas. Students will experience a wide range of teaching styles: classroom-based, limited fieldwork, and lab sessions.
- Health Promotion: Concepts, Principles and Practice
- Public Health and Behavioural Change
- Global and Environmental Health
- Critical Public Health
- Principles of Microbiology
- Advanced Epidemiology
- Survival Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesPublic Health Microbiology View 7 other Masters in Microbiology in Ireland
- All applicants will be required to write a 500-word statement demonstrating suitability to undertake a Master of Public Health.
All candidates are required to meet one of the following:
- Possess a minimum Second Class Honours Grade I in a primary honours degree (NFQ Level 8) in a relevant subject area or
- Possess a minimum Second Class Honours Grade I in a postgraduate diploma (NFQ Level 9) in a relevant subject area.
International15700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15700 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA7630 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7630 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Cork
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.