The Master of Sustainable Tourism Management at Polytechnic of Leiria is divided into two distinct blocks: the first block, corresponding to two semesters, develop theoretical, theoretical-practical and technical curricular units, that will provide the tools needed to develop an integrated and sustainable management of tourism resources; in the second block, on the final two semesters, is developed a applied research work or technical/practical work integrated in the companies.
The course is developed using a mix method of complementary on-site and online teaching. Master’s program is delivered 12 weeks online, 2 weeks on-site and 1 cultural week ( in case you wich to do so) per semester.
Although it is mostly a distance-learning course, you won’t be alone
The school members provide the high levels of support to enhance your success. You will have the occasion to work closely with your colleague and tutors in a suitably supported and collaborative online learning environment, studying at the times and in the places which suit you best.
The Master Program in Sustainable Tourism Management aims to:
- develop higher-level knowledge about the various disciplines that integrate the course, adapting the principles and concepts underlying the Management and Sustainability in Tourism;
- know deeply the human impacts on tourist systems and be able to establish effective solutions for this problem, apply the concepts and techniques developed with accuracy and ability to self-criticism;
- be able to, through the knowledge acquired, to diagnose problems and propose solutions to management and sustainability, have the skills to carry out plans for sustainable management of tourism resources;
- reaching research ability, critical analysis of information and scientific and technical dissemination; to motivate for the applications of knowledge, particularly through its sustained exploration and its integrated management, identifying potential employers, and promoting innovation;
- be introduces of new ideas and new products and services related to the sustainable exploitation and management of tourism resources in national /international market, through self-employment;
- understand and apply the techniques of scientific research, develop personal and professional skills that enable them to lead or join work teams; to acquire the skills needed to integrate doctoral or similar programs in related areas.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Economics of Tourism
- Quality Management in Tourism
- Research Methodologies
- Tourism Strategy and Policy
- Environmental Tourism and Sustainability
- Tourism Products Management
- Tourism Projects Management
- Budget and Financial Management
- Tourism Markets
- Tourism and Cultural Heritage
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSustainable Development Hospitality Management Tourism & Leisure View 4 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Holders of a degree or legal equivalent in the areas of Tourism, Management and related areas; holders of a foreign academic degree following a 1st cycle of studies organized according to the principles of the Bologna process in the area of Tourism, Management and related areas;
- Holders of a foreign degree that is recognized as meeting the objectives of a degree by the Scientific-Technical Council of ESTM in the areas of Tourism, Management and related areas;
- Holders of an academic, scientific or professional curricula who is recognized as attesting the capacity to carry out this cycle of studies by the Scientific-Technical Council of ESTM.
International1500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA570 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1140 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.