Over the last decade significant methodological and conceptual advances in life sciences have enabled the development of the so-called new biology.
The new biology is mainly based on the ability to study cells at a molecular level thanks to the increasing availability of genomic sequences of many species and to the possibility to determine, in a comprehensive way, gene expression profiles as well as the interactions between biological macromolecules. In addition, technological advances in genetic engineering and synthetic biology have led to an increased capacity for designing and building new biological systems with applications in biomedicine.
The courses in the Cellular and Molecular Biotechnology program from University of Trento are structured to focus on the latest advances in genomics and genetic engineering in the biomedicine field with specific reference to technological aspects including advanced imaging, next-generation sequencing, high-throughput screening, and gene and cell therapy.
Finally, the strong development of bioinformatics and computational biology is providing new tools for the management, interpretation and modeling of a constantly increasing amount of biological data.
MCMB graduates are highly attractive to companies in a wide range of sectors, including:
- research and development in the biotechnology industry
- technical-scientific information and communication
- management of public and private institutions in biomedicine, diagnostics, cosmetics
Students interested in an academic or research career can pursue their studies at PhD level in Molecular Biology or Biotechnology after graduating in CMB.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cancer Biology
- Cancer Therapy
- Epigenetics of Cancer
- Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology
- Neurogenesis and Brain Regeneration
- Functions of the Peripheral Nervous System
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- February for non-EU citizens living outside Italy
- June for EU citizens and non-EU citizens regularly living in Italy
DisciplinesBiotechnology Molecular Sciences Bioinformatics View 11 other Masters in Molecular Sciences in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Biotechnology or in any Biotechnology-related field
- English at B1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
International1000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA340 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 340 EUR per year during 24 months.
- EU: 340€ - 3.400€ (based on income/merit)
- Non-EU: 1.000€ - 6.500€ (based on merit)
Living costs for Trento
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.