Estonia’s e-government and the country’s other innovative e-solutions have grown into one of Europe’s success stories of the last decade. TalTech has taken a leap into the future of e-Governance education.
Largely focusing on IT solutions at governmental level, its interoperability between different faculties in the university is giving fundamental background also in other aspects (law, public management and economics) of government. The e-Governance Technologies and Services MSc programme offered at Tallinn University of Technology is especially important due to the fact that it is unique in Estonia and in Europe and the demand for the specialist with broad knowledge in e-governance is increasing tremendously.
Why this programme?
The programme focuses on designing, developing and improving governmental systems and implementing e-government components on every state level
Specialisation in IT, innovation/services in public and private sectors or adoption and marketing of e-governance
User-oriented services offered by government that are based on ICT
Offers experience in the field, practical research and project work already during studies
Curriculum is closely related to “e-state technologies laboratory” offering students a possibility to do research in e-governance field as well as take part in new development projects
- The curriculum will help to prepare managers and specialists responsible for the development of e-Governance, who are able to comprehend the business processes and the management of public administration; and are familiar with the information systems and software development.
- Giving students a broad knowledge about the transition to e-governance, its management and development, helps graduates to work as a public sector high-level officials whilst leading eGov projects by having also a wider overview of administrative and legal aspects of e- governance.
- Master’s degree holders have the opportunity to continue their studies in the PhD programme.
TalTech will offer tuition-free study places for programmes taught in English for countries of the OECD
- Development in Cloud
- Enterprise Architecture and BPM
- Advanced Business Process Modeling and Automation
- International Entrepreneurship
- Digital Transformations of Government
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
TalTech has extended the deadline until the 1st of June (included) for applicants with Ukrainian citizenship
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Computer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in IT, ICT, Economics, Public Management, Law, Marketing, Business Administration, International Relations. In order to qualify for the studies in Tallinn University of Technology, an applicant has to have at least 60% of the highest possible CGPA.
- GRE General Test
- Motivation Letter
- Online Interview
- Officially certified copy of Bachelor's diploma in the original language
- Officially certified copy of academic transcripts in the original language
- Authorized translation in English of Bachelor's diploma
- Authorized translation in English of academic transcripts
- Simple copy of passport identification pages
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- All Ukrainian citizens are waived from the application fee.
- Ukrainian citizens who have a Temporary Protection from Estonian Police and Border Guard Board can study for free on any of the programmes TalTech offers in English.
Living costs for Tallinn
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.