Estonia’s e-government and the country’s other innovative e-solutions have grown into one of Europe’s success stories of the last decade. TalTech has taken a leap into the future of e-Governance education.
Largely focusing on IT solutions at governmental level, its interoperability between different faculties in the university is giving fundamental background also in other aspects (law, public management and economics) of government. The Master’s programme in E-Governance Technologies and Services at Tallinn University of Technology is especially important due to the fact that it is unique in Estonia and in Europe and the demand for the specialist with broad knowledge in e-governance is increasing tremendously.
Why this programme?
The programme focuses on designing, developing and improving governmental systems and implementing e-government components on every state level
Specialisation in IT, innovation/services in public and private sectors or adoption and marketing of e-governance
User-oriented services offered by government that are based on ICT
Offers experience in the field, practical research and project work already during studies
Curriculum is closely related to “e-state technologies laboratory” offering students a possibility to do research in e-governance field as well as take part in new development projects
The curriculum will help to prepare managers and specialists responsible for the development of e-Governance, who are able to comprehend the business processes and the management of public administration; and are familiar with the information systems and software development.
Giving students a broad knowledge about the transition to e-governance, its management and development, helps graduates to work as a public sector high-level officials whilst leading eGov projects by having also a wider overview of administrative and legal aspects of e- governance.
Master’s degree holders have the opportunity to continue their studies in the PhD programme.
More informationVisit official programme website
- General studies - cover information society principles: towards e-Governance, legal framework of e-governance, introduction to IT and eGov technologies, software process and quality, etc.
- Core studies - include such courses as special seminar on e-Governance technologies, e-Governance technologies and services master's project, enterprise architecture and BPM, introduction to development in cloud, etc.
- Special studies - consist of courses about foundations of cyber security, public sector service design and implementation, information management and digital archiving, impact and measurement of e-Governance, entrepreneurship project, etc.
- Free choice courses - students can choose from the wide variety of courses offered at the university.
- Graduation thesis - a practical written project with a strong theoretical background focused on e-Governance and ICT.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 5 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in Estonia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Please note that you must submit your education documents in digital form by the application deadline. In case you are unable to submit the final Diploma, you should include your most recent transcript (Diploma may be submitted later). The Admissions office needs this to pre-evaluate your eligibility for a given programme.
- Students for TalTech international study programmes are admitted based on the admission threshold. Online interview will be conducted only to candidates who have passed preliminary evaluation. The maximum score for the motivation letter and for the online interview is 20 points. An applicant who receives the minimum of 10 points is admitted.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in IT, public administration, economics, law or other related fields
- Motivation letter
- Online interview
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Tuition fee waiver scholarship
- Performance scholarship
A tuition fee waiver is a non-monetary scholarship granted automatically to the best candidates according to the points earned in the course of admission. Scholarship is awarded for the whole study period.
Students can apply for performance scholarship. The amount of the scholarship is 100 € (euros) per month. First-year students can apply from the second semester.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.