At this Social Work course at University College Cork you will take modules in social work theory, skills, social policy and topics specific to social work settings such as child and family welfare and mental health. When you have completed this course, you will be able to:
- apply knowledge of social systems and human behaviour to promote social change, problem solving in human relationships and the empowerment of people to enhance their well-being
- critically examine and respond to the impact of social and political contexts on service users and social work
- promote principles of social justice, human rights and anti-oppressive practice as intrinsic elements of social work practice
- demonstrate core social work practice skills in the areas of: professional autonomy and accountability, interpersonal and professional relationships, effective communication, personal and professional development, provision of quality services, knowledge, understanding and skills
- demonstrate knowledge of theory, legislation, policy, official inquiry reports and international conventions, and apply them to assessment and intervention planning in social work practice
- illustrate an approach to learning that is self-directed, strengths-based and reflective.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Social Research
- Child and Family Welfare
- Human Growth and Development
- Reflective Counselling
- Practice Skills
- Social Policy, Social Exclusion & Anti-Discriminatory Practice
- Practice Placement
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work View 25 other Masters in Social Work in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Postgraduate Diploma in Social Work Studies option is aimed at graduates who have already completed their BSocSc level 8 degree (or equivalent) but achieved an overall 3H result. BSocSc Graduates (level 8) (or its equivalent) who have already completed their degrees and did not achieve at least a Second Class Honours but achieved an overall 3H result can apply for the Postgraduate Diploma in Social Work Studies option (CKC06).
International18080 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18080 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA7965 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7965 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.