Do you want to change the world? Do you want to challenge social and cultural norms about gender, ethnicity, sexuality, class, age and functionality? Are you interested in working with issues of gender and equality in your everyday practice? If you have a background or interest in feminist theory and want to be a positive change in society, then apply for the master’s programme in Gendering Practices.
The Gendering Practices programme of the University of Gothenburg will help you develop a reflexive approach to your practical work, and provide you with methodological insights into the field of Gender Studies and research. The programme is structured around the conviction that gender studies is an interdisciplinary field, and that theory and practice are intertwined.
Collective and reflexive work is important in the programme. The teaching comprises of collaborative work, creative and reflexive writing exercises, reading groups, workshops, lectures and student led seminars. The programme offers also eight weeks of internship.
Gendering Practices will prepare you for an international labour market that requires advanced knowledges about – and critical perspectives on – power relations, equality work, and social and cultural norms.
- Theories in Gender Studies
- Methodologies of Gender Studies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies Sociology View 33 other Masters in Sociology in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree in Gender Studies or equivalent degree from any discipline, if passing individual evaluation
- The programme co-ordinator for Gendering Practices is responsible for the indivudual evaluations of the Bachelor's thesis, to secure the level of each applicant's knowledge in the field of gender and feminist theory
- English B/English 6 at upper secondary level or the equivalent level of an internationally recognized test, for example TOEFL, IELTS.
International8158 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16316 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Full education cost: 178,000 SEK
- No fees are charged for EU and EEA citizens, Swedish residence permit holders and exchange students.
Living costs for Göteborg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.