The program demands familiarity in dealing with conception of molecular structures and chemical structures. The program is research oriented and will be adjusted to the prior experience of each student.
The program provides an ideal education for continuing with a dissertation in this intersectional science, which is otherwise not offered as a course of study
The specialized Master’s Program in Chemical and Molecular Sciences from University of Zurich requires a scientific Bachelor’s degree with a significant amount of education in Chemistry.
The studies, tailored to the individual students and projects, provide training in areas that defy traditional categorization.
The core requirements emphasize design, synthesis and control of function from a molecular perspective.
The MSc is a qualification for all academic-industrial professionals, ranging from chemical biology to materials science to medicine.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Protein Biophysics
- Protein crystallography and electron microscopy
- Radiochemistry, Basics and Application of Radionuclides
- Advanced NMR Methods for Identification of Natural Products
- Structure Elucidation with Combined Spectroscopic Methods
- Patents in Physics, Chemistry and Biology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The candidate must possess a B.Sc. in the physical or natural sciences, with minimum average marks of
- The candidate must have a demonstrated capacity for research.
- This may take the form of advanced practical laboratory courses or independent research work, equivalent to a minimum of 6 ECTS.
- The candidate must arrange for the submission of two letters of support for the application. The first letter should come from a faculty member familiar with the candidate’s coursework and research performance. The second letter should come from the UZH faculty member who would be responsible for the candidate’s M.Sc. research in the MDS program.
International1312 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 656 EUR per semester
National1312 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 656 EUR per semester
Tuition fee is 720 CHF per semester
Living costs for Zürich
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.