The different training components of the Teaching English and Foreign Languages programme of the University of Porto seek:
- To ensure that the future teacher adapts at a professional, social and ethical level, to the specificities of the social and school contexts he/she might be in, respecting the ethical and deontological demands of teaching;
- As for the development of the teaching and learning processes, to provide the student with scientific and methodological instruments which may allow him/her to promote a quality teaching, capable of ensuring significant learnings.
- As for school participation and the relationship with the community, to develop the understanding of teaching as a global and integrated activity.
- Regarding a lifelong professional development, to make the initial training a starting point of a path grounded on the reflection about educational issues and professional practice, seeking the construction of a training project which may answer to individual, institutional or social challenges.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Psychology of Education
- English Teaching Methodology
- Spanish Teaching Methodology
- Ethics and education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Teaching Linguistics View 9 other Masters in Linguistics in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Graduate degree with 80 ECTS in English and 60 ECTS in German, Spanish or French (of which 36 ECTS must be in the domain of language).
- The student might also apply provided that has obtained 75% of the credits of the minimum training requirements, being able to complete the remaining 36 ECTS (=6 subjects) while attending the Master’s degree.
- Candidates for this Master's degree should preferably have attained the following levels of competence: English C1, French C1, Spanish B2 and German B2.
- In the case of candidates who have completed their language training, the Scientific Committee of the Cycle of Studies may require a foreign language test.
International4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1250 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Porto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.