The Master's Degree Programme in Informatics degree offered by the University of Bergen is not available for international applicants residing abroad.
Research in informatics attempts to answer questions like:
- How do we design new languages for interacting with computers?
- How are mathematical models related to the foundations of computing?
- How do we protect computers and smart devices from malicious attack?
- How can we make computers and networks perform better and faster, in fields like communications, logistics, finance, and engineering?
- How can we future-proof information storage for coming generations?
On the Master of Science in Informatics programme, you will have a chance to shape the future by understanding and contributing to research in these exciting technologies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Within the master program in informatics the candidates are admitted to one of the follwing specializations:
- Algorithm Theory
- Secure and reliable communication
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences View 24 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in Norway
- Bachelor degree in Computing from HVL (Western Norway University of Applied Sciences)
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology from HVL
- Bachelor degree in Communication Systems from HVL
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
The semester fee is NOK 590
Living costs for Bergen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.