Insight into the offshore sectorDuring the Oil and Gas Technology programme at Aalborg University Esbjerg, you work with e.g. geology, process technology and safety, and you gain insight into areas such as:
- Production of offshore installations
- Equipment and service
- Extraction of oil and gas
Moreover, you learn about the development of biofuel from biomass. We can create biofuel in the laboratories within minutes, whereas the development of oil and gas has evolved over millions of years. In terms of onshore, you will be part of projects for development of geothermal facilities.The aim of the programme is to reach international engineering standards within:
- Research and development
- Planning, production and maintenance
- Exploitation, transportation, and treatment considering economic and environmental aspects as well as health, safety and working environment
In your semester projects, you and your project group will work with relevant issues in relation to oil and gas technology and you are challenged to use all of your knowledge to come up with possible solutions. You are encouraged to occasionally collaborate with external organisations and businesses in your projects to get an idea of the work processes and current issues in the industry. This will prepare you better for your own work life after you graduate and it will provide you with the opportunity to build a professional network.
Job and Career
Your job tasks can involve:
- Offshore processes
- Development of new materials for e.g. the medical industry
- Work environment in the plastics industry
- Drinking water supply
- Development of catalysts for reduction of air pollution
- Production of biofuel
- Consulting within the offshore and environment industry
- Development of ceramic materials for solar cells
- Teaching and research
- Environmental control and analysis
Your future employer may be:
- Ørsted (formerly DONG)
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Fluid Mechanics
- Colloid and Interface Science
- Thermodynamics and Separation
- Process Simulation and Instrumentation
- Water Treatment
- Petroleum Geology and Reservoir Engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology Mining, Oil & Gas View 38 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Denmark
- Admission to the Master’s programme in Oil and Gas Technology requires a Bachelor’s degree in relevant engineering or natural science disciplines.
- Bachelor’s degrees transcripts showing all grades and courses (translated into English, Danish, Swedish or Norwegian). The document must be signed and stamped by your home university.
- English test or an official receipt confirming that you have registered for a test.
- Letter of motivation
- CV / Resume
- Official curriculum/syllabus for your Bachelor’s studies or another official description of your Bachelor’s degree in English (if available)
- Reference letters (optional)
International13331 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13331 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.