When you study Sustainable Energy Engineering at Aalborg University , you can choose the specialisation in Offshore Energy Systems.
In this study programme, you learn about design, analysis and modelling of offshore energy systems and the system component interaction. You get to work with fluid and water wave mechanics, offshore energy system including electrical and mechanical systems, together with control, optimisation and diagnosis of offshore energy systems.
During the MSc specialisation in Offshore Energy Systems, you will study technologies related to all different kinds of energy systems such as offshore wind turbines, offshore oil and gas production, wave energy, etc.
The specialisation gives you insight into various technologies for energy transfer, harvesting and control of offshore energy systems. Also, you gain knowledge of how to design, analyse and model mechanical systems, fluid power systems and electrical systems with complex dynamics and elements with non-linear behaviour.
You will work with topics such as:
- Design, modelling and optimisation of energy systems used in various offshore energy applications
- Operation, functionality and interaction between the various components of offshore energy systems
- Systems integration with respect to both systems efficiency and control engineering aspects of offshore energy systems
- Developing, constructing and operating offshore energy systems in the laboratory and in real applications
- Practical realisation and implementation of offshore energy systems concerning both innovative aspects, business planning and economical considerations
Job and Career
Sustainable Energy engineers with the specialisation in Offshore Energy Systems have a wide range of job opportunities. You will be able to work in project engineering, research, development and management in Danish and international industries or public institutions.
Problem based learning and working in groups during your study programme will give you many useful skills that make you an attractive candidate on the job market. You know how to approach a problem and solve it in collaboration with other people, which is often how things are done in the "real world".
Examples of possible employers:
- Energy companies such as Vattenfall and Ørsted
- Offshore energy companies such as Mærsk Olie og Gas AS, Offshore Center Danmark, Ramboll Oil & Gas AS, Semco Marinetime AS
- A wide range of producers of high efficiency energy systems such as Vestas Wind Systems A/S, Siemens Wind Power A/S, KK Wind Solutions
- Consultancies involved in energy technology and systems.
Your work tasks may include:
- Integration of wind turbines
- Operation of wind turbines
- Offshore energy systems
- Development of underwater robots
- Offshore oil and gas exploration and production
- Offshore surveillance and control drones for energy systems
- Hydraulic wave energy systems
- Energy distribution to the general population
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- System Identification and Diagnosis
- Fluid and Water Wave Dynamics
- Probability Theory, Stochastic Processes and Applied Statistics
- For students with a BSc degree from another university: Control Theory and MATLAB
- Offshore Energy System Technology
- Control and Surveillance of Processes and Systems
- Dynamic Modelling of Electrical Machines and Control Systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Sustainable Energy View 12 other Masters in Sustainable Energy in Denmark
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Admission to the MSc programme in Offshore Energy Systems presupposes a
- BSc degree in Energy Engineering with a specialisation in Dynamic Systems
- BSc degree in Energy Engineering with a specialisation in Mechatronics
- BSc degree in Applied Industrial Electronics
- or similar
International13514 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6757 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.