The courses to be followed include the formation courses laid down by the Higher Education Council (YOK) for qualified teacher status, further courses in education, and a thesis. Strong emphasis is given to international dimensions, including the International Baccalaureate and IGCSE curricula. Graduates also receive an IB Certificate in Teaching and Learning, following recognition of the program by the International Baccalaureate Organisation.
Currently, the Graduate School of Education accepts students in five subject areas: Turkish Language and Literature, English, Biology, Mathematics, and Physics.
Program Learning Outcomes
A strong feature of the Curriculum and Instruction with Teaching Certificate (CITE) programme from Bilkent University Graduate School of Education is students' experience in schools. Each semester students have an internship in leading high schools in Ankara, Istanbul and Izmir, observing classes and teaching. In addition they have a five-week internship at Cambridge University and schools in England.
The teacher education courses of the program cover the required educational knowledge and skills. Subject-area and liberal arts courses broaden and extend students' understanding of their subject area and educational philosophy.
- Biology Curriculum Review
- Learning Development and Cultural Context for Teaching
- Managing the Classroom
- Educational Leadership and School Development
- Contemporary Issues in Curriculum Development and Evaluation
- IB and IGCSE Curricula
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducational Research Teaching Instructional Design View 10 other Masters in Instructional Design in Turkey
- Submission of ALES (Akademik Personel ve Lisansustu Egitimi Giris Sinavi/Academic Personnel and Postgraduate Education Entrance Exam) or GRE scores.
- Fluency in written and oral English. Please see the websites of each graduate school for the list of accepted tests.
- Official transcripts.
- Recommendations from instructors or others qualified to evaluate academic ability.
- A letter written in English describing past research and/or teaching experience or any other relevant experience, research interests, faculty members you are interested in working with, and motivations for applying for the program.
International14472 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14472 USD per year during 24 months.
National4166 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4166 USD per year during 24 months.
- 62,100 TL for national students
Living costs for Ankara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.