The Media and Design programme
The Media and Design programme from Bilkent University aims to prepare students primarily for careers in the media and graphic design sectors and secondarily in the academia. Integrating practical, theoretical, interdisciplinary, and comparative approaches, the program provides students with a sophisticated theoretical and practical framework to enable them to make original contributions to both Turkish and international media and design production.
The program encourages free and creative thinking, emphasizing research, analysis, interpretation, practice and constructive criticism.
- Foundations in Visual Studies
- Research Methods and Academic Publication Ethics
- Academic Practices
- Graduate Studio
- Seminar in Research Topics
- Master's Thesis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesDesign Film, Photography & Media Media Studies & Mass Media View 10 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in Turkey
- Submission of ALES (Akademik Personel ve Lisansustu Egitimi Giris Sinavi/Academic Personnel and Postgraduate Education Entrance Exam) or GRE scores.
- Fluency in written and oral English. Please see the websites of each graduate school for the list of accepted tests.
- Official transcripts.
- Recommendations from instructors or others qualified to evaluate academic ability.
- A letter in English describing academic and professional achievements, research interests, faculty members you are interested in working with, and motivations for applying to the program (Word limit: 600 to 800 words, double-spaced).
International14472 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14472 USD per year during 24 months.
National4166 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4166 USD per year during 24 months.
- 62,100 TL for national students
Living costs for Ankara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.