The aim of this MSc Diagnostic Radiography (Pre-Registration) at the Queen Margaret University is to develop the analytical, theoretical and practical skills learned as a graduate and focus on the professional and clinical elements required to be a successful diagnostic radiographer. Following graduation and registration with the HCPC you can work as a registered diagnostic radiographer within the NHS.
This course is not suitable for applicants already holding a qualification in diagnostic radiography.
Diagnostic radiographers provide an imaging service for most departments within the hospital including, accident and emergency, outpatients, operating theatres and wards. X-rays are an imaging technique used by diagnostic radiographers to visualise injuries or disease, or monitor changes inside the body. Diagnostic radiographers carry out a range of procedures, which may include cross-sectional imaging techniques such as computerised tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound and radionuclide imaging (RNI).
Diagnostic radiography is a fast-moving and continually changing profession, and long-term career prospects may include specialisation, management, research and teaching. Following graduation and registration with the HCPC you can work as a registered diagnostic radiographer within the NHS.
- Radiodiagnostic Imaging
- Diagnostic Radiography
- Advanced Diagnostic Radiography
- Preparing for Practice as an Allied Health Professional
- Research Methods for Health Professionals
- Practice-Based Learning
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMedical Imaging View 28 other Masters in Medical Imaging in United Kingdom
- Second class honours degree or above in any discipline. It is essential that all applicants have some shadowing experience in a clinical environment. This course is not suitable for those already holding a diagnostic radiography or medical qualification. Shortlised applicants will be invited for an interview.
- International: You will be required to provide evidence of English language competence at no less than IELTS 6.5 with no individual component score less than 6.0.
- Criminal Records Check: A satisfactory criminal records check will be required.
International17900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17900 GBP per year during 24 months.
National9680 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9680 GBP per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.