The International Law (MIL) programme at the University of St. Gallen (HSG) offers a highly innovative curriculum that blends a specialised legal education in international law with essential aspects of business and politics and a strong practical emphasis.
With its innovative study programme, the programme opens the door to a wide array of attractive positions, preparing graduates for professional careers in multinational corporations, government, diplomacy, international organizations, compliance and regulatory affairs, business consulting, law firms, NGOs as well as other public and private institutions.
Given its focus on international law and interdisciplinarity, the programme differs from standard legal programmes intended for students who, after their bar exams, will go on to work as legal practitioners, particularly as attorneys, in their national jurisdictions.
- International and European Business and Economic Law
- International Negotiation
- The International Legal Order
- Financial and Capital Markets Law
- Dispute Resolution
- International Organisations and Politics
- Theoretical Foundations
- Legal Profession
- Institutional Management
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEuropean Law International Law Legal Studies View 16 other Masters in International Law in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
If you have one of the following degrees, then you can apply directly for the Master's program:
- University Bachelor's degree in a similar subject
- A degree is considered to be similar if at least 30 ECTS credit points have been awarded in law subjects.
- Consecutive university Master's degree
- Bachelor's and Master's Degree programs must have been completed in the same discipline (consecutively) and amount to at least 270 ECTS credit points together. You must provide evidence that you have taken 30 ECTS credit points in law subjects over the entire course.
- average grade
- study qualification test (optional)
- university and curriculum of the degree program
- extracurricular activities an
- written and an oral examination before being admitted
- intercultural mobility
- letter of motivation
International6824 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3412 EUR per semester during 18 months.
National2930 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1465 EUR per semester during 18 months.
- CHF 1429- National
- CHF 3329- International
Living costs for St. Gallen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.