The International Law (MIL) programme at the University of St. Gallen (HSG) offers a highly innovative curriculum that blends a specialised legal education in international law with essential aspects of business and politics and a strong practical emphasis.
With its innovative study programme, the programme opens the door to a wide array of attractive positions, preparing graduates for professional careers in multinational corporations, government, diplomacy, international organizations, compliance and regulatory affairs, business consulting, law firms, NGOs as well as other public and private institutions.
Given its focus on international law and interdisciplinarity, the programme differs from standard legal programmes intended for students who, after their bar exams, will go on to work as legal practitioners, particularly as attorneys, in their national jurisdictions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of International and European Business and Economic Law
- International Negotiation
- The International Legal Order
- Financial and Capital Markets Law
- Dispute Resolution
- International Organisations and Politics
- Theoretical Foundations
- Legal Profession
- Institutional Management
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEuropean Law International Law Legal Studies View 6 other Masters in Legal Studies in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
If you have one of the following degrees from a recognised Swiss university or complete one before the degree course starts, then you can apply directly for the Master's programme:
- Bachelor's degree in a similar discipline from a Swiss UniversityA degree is considered to be similar if at least 30 ECTS credit points have been awarded in legal subjects.
- Consecutive Master's degree from a Swiss University in another disciplineBachelor's and Master's degree programmes must have been completed in the same discipline (consecutively) and amount to at least 270 ECTS credit points together.
International6174 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3087 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEA2646 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1323 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
- CHF 1426- National
- CHF 3326- International
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.