For many years, this internationally acclaimed advanced study Artificial Intelligence programme at KU Leuven has trained students from a variety of backgrounds - including engineering, sciences, economics, management, psychology, and linguistics - in all areas of knowledge-based technology, cognitive science, and their AI applications.
The one-year programme, taught entirely in English, is the result of a collaboration between many internationally prominent research units from seven different faculties of the university. It allows students to focus on engineering and computer science, cognitive science, or speech and language technology.
Modern information technologies and the advent of systems powered by artificial intelligence have already strongly influenced the technology sector in the 21st century. Computers, algorithms and software have simplified and automated tasks in a wide variety of environments, from power stations to copywriting.
Looking forward it is clear that we can only expect artificial intelligence to have an even more fundamental impact on the global labour market and with a master's degree in artificial intelligence you, like many of our alumni before, will be welcomed by companies working in such diverse sectors as:
- Information technology
- Data mining and Big Data
- Speech and language technology
- Intelligent systems
- Diagnosis and quality control
- Fraud detection
- Biometric systems
- Programming Component
- Advanced Mandatory Components
- Optional Components
- Master's Thesis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Artificial Intelligence Linguistics View 5 other Masters in Artificial Intelligence in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Flemish students need permission of the programme director to start the programme.
- All other applications will be evaluated by both KU Leuven admissions office and the relevant Master programme director. Admission is ultimately at the discretion of the faculty. GRE scores assist application processing and are strongly recommended. Please contact ETS requesting an original score card be forwarded to us using the following Institutional Code: 0749.
- For students with the following prior degrees, the admission requirement is reduced to proficiency in English: Master of Science (in Engineering) in Computer Science, Master of Science (in Engineering) in Informatics, Master of Science (in Engineering) in Information and Communication Technology, Master of Arts (specialisation in Linguistics).
International3900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3900 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA3900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3900 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Leuven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.