The Master Programme in Religion in Peace and Conflict at Uppsala University will help you to evolve into a public intellectual, a person who reflects upon his or her engagement and wishes to argue for personal ideas and visions in the public discourse. You will acquire comprehensive knowledge in religiously and ethically biased social activism in history and present.
The programme also develops your skills in writing longer academic texts, as well as to further plan, shape, and complete research projects in the area of religiously and ethically grounded engagement.
The programme prepare you for a career in for example:
- Civic-society organisations
- Religious organisations
- Public authorities
- International organisations
Our graduates work in many different organisations and in different roles but they all use their newly acquired skills to try to make our world a little bit better each day.
- Religiously and Ethically Motivated Movements for Peace and Justice
- Theory course
- Applied Method in the Study of Peace and Justice Movements
- Life Stories and Historical Moments
- Religion, Power and Politics
- Religion, Social Activism, and Media
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Philosophy & Ethics Religious Studies & Theology View 5 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree, equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen, from an internationally recognised university. The main field of study must be within the Faculty of Theology, the Faculty of Arts, the Faculty of Languages, the Faculty of Law, the Faculty of Educational Sciences or the Faculty of Social Sciences and include a documented written independent academic work of at least 15 credits.
- All applicants need to verify English language proficiency that corresponds to English studies at upper secondary (high school) level in Sweden ("English 6").
- Students are selected based on: a total appraisal of quantity and quality of previous university studies; and a statement of purpose.
International9526 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19053 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Tuition fee, first semester: SEK 50,000
- Tuition fee, total: SEK 200,000
Living costs for Uppsala
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.