The ability to create viable natural human tissue such as skin, muscle, and bone in the laboratory is one of the major challenges in medicine. International research and development of new therapies in these areas is currently booming.
Our students in the Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine master’s degree program from University of Applied Sciences Technikum Wien benefit from the degree program’s close connection to current research, which is especially evident in the high number of practice-oriented projects included in the curriculum.
- To generate various tissues according to the latest science using suitable cells and biomaterials
- To characterize these constructs scientifically and evaluate their therapeutic use
- To select relevant chemical and mechanical stimuli for cells and tissue and analyze and interpret their effects
- To apply the latest methods in cell and tissue biology
- To explain specific signal transduction pathways
- To explain the biomechanical connections underlying cell and tissue biology at the molecular level
- To compare different biomaterials and generate ideas for their use in tissue engineering
- To describe and apply the most important methods in project management and designing studies
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Economic and Legal Issues and Professional Communication
- From DNAtoprotein
- Laboratory Workin Teams
- Protein Chemistry
- Tissue Engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
DisciplinesHuman Medicine General Engineering & Technology View 19 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Austria
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You must meet subject-matter requirements to be admitted to the Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine master’s degree program. Prerequisites include a bachelor’s degree from a UAS in a relevant subject matter or an equivalent degree from a recognized post-secondary educational institution (at least 180 ECTS credits) in Austria or another country. If basic equivalence has been established except for a few missing prerequisites, the program director can require students to take exams to establish full equivalence. These exams are taken during the master’s program.
International726 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 363 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA726 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 363 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.