- It is two and a half years Islamic Studies at University of the Philippines Diliman that equips the students with knowledge skills grounded on a complementing harmony of revealed knowledge (Islam) and rational knowledge.
- This classical approach that has dominated the golden axial age of Muslim civilization is UP IIS strategy to balance the worlds of Muslims and of Euro-American modernity.
- Study of Arabic Texts
- Survey of Islamic Thought
- The Legacy of Islamic Civilization
- Survey of Islamic Art
- History of Islam
- The Rise of Modern Islamic Revivalist Movements and Nationalism
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Literature View 6 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Philippines
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Letter of Application addressed to the Dean
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation from your teacher or employer
- College Admission Slip
- Student Directory (2 copies)
- 2 passport-sized photos
- Photocopy of Transcript of Records (used for evaluation, signed at the back by the College SRE)
- Birth Certificate (both original and photocopy)
- Marriage Certificate (for married woman, both original and photocopy)
- Study Permit for foreign applicants
- Plan of Study (form is available at the Institute of Islamic Studies)
- Medical Certificate from UP Infirmary
- Honorable Dismissal or Certificate of Transfer credentials, if coming from other Philippine schools
- Official Transcript of Records, with a remark that the copy is for UP Diliman if coming from other schools
- Official Transcript of Records, if from other UP units the record must be in a sealed envelope or mail directly to UP IIS address.
- PHP 300
Living costs for Quezon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.