Graduates of this Urban Housing and Land Justice programme from Erasmus University Rotterdam are urban managers who are well trained in strategic planning, policy development, governance, communication, negotiation, research, and spatial analysis. You will have broadened your knowledge regarding urban issues, policies and trends from local and international perspectives, which vary from different geographical contexts and social environments. You will be equipped with the knowledge to be an innovative urban manager and creative planner.After graduation, you will be able to apply the learnt methodologies and techniques in your work. You will also be able to effectively plan, manage, and define tasks for others. Having studied in the international IHS environment, you will be able to collaborate with people from different backgrounds and cultures. More specifically, IHS graduates gain the skills to:
- Identify contemporary urban issues and trends in developing, developed and transition countries.
- Monitor and evaluate urban management policies in terms of actors, performance and context
- Manage stakeholders, negotiate effectively and execute complex decision-making
- Design strategies and actions based on problem analysis
- Conduct academic, applied and commissioned research across a spectrum of urban topics
- Work in international teams across different sectors and disciplines
- Demonstrate presentation, communication, and negotiation skills
You will graduate as an expert with specialist knowledge in the sphere of urban management and development. The career prospects of urban management development graduates are excellent. Cities are expanding increasingly fast; this means an ever-growing demand for urban professionals who can come up with solutions and innovations that will make a difference in a city. Once you have completed the programme, you will be able to work in various sectors ranging from city/town planner to urban project manager or urban development specialist.IHS is a highly reputable institute with a strong reputation with donor agencies and training centres worldwide. Our lecturers have outstanding international experience and continue to work worldwide, creating a possibility to discuss and initiate links to programmes and projects in the countries and cities of the participants.
- Urban Sustainability
- Urban Data Analytics
- Urban Governance and Finance
- Research Design
- Focus: Land
- Focus: Housing
- Skills training
- Action Planning Workshop
- Thesis Proposal
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesPublic Policy Real Estate & Property Management Community Development View 8 other Masters in Real Estate & Property Management in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- We welcome applications from prospective students with a wide variety of backgrounds, all related to the field of urban management and development. Each application is considered carefully, taking the individual potential of the applicant into account. Before you start your application, please carefully read the application procedure and admissions information. The requirements and the procedure apply to all six specialisation tracks.
- We require candidates to have at least a bachelor’s degree from a recognised university in a field related to urban development. Below you can find an overview of all relevant fields. If you have a degree which is not listed below, please feel free to contact Admissions Office for advice.
International15600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15600 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA15600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15600 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Be an Early Bird and benefit from a 1000 EUR tuition fee waiver. More details are available on the school's website.
Living costs for Rotterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Students are welcome to apply for a variety of full and partial scholarships:
- Holland Scholarship Programme: 5000 EUR
- Orange Tulip Scholarship (India & Indonesia): 3,500 EUR
- World Bank Scholarship: Full Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.