Students of International Design Business Management programme from Aalto University tackle these complex challenges in multidisciplinary teams and develop holistic perspectives on the questions of tomorrow. The IDBM curriculum integrates business, design and technology to enable students to create new value and meaningful innovation.
Graduates of the program earn a master’s degree in business, design or technology, and gain extensive interdisciplinary teamwork experience that enables them to work in a wide variety of fields.
Studies in International Design Business Management prepare for a career in industries that use and manage design as a key component of their competitive strategy. This can involve large multinational corporations, as well as small start-ups operating in a variety of fields. These businesses typically leverage design to create new products and services, often involving the latest technology and business venturing and entrepreneurship.
After graduation, our students embarking on a career in the private or public sector typically work in domains such as:
- service design
- business design
- design and technology strategy
- product and project management
- development of product and service offering
- academic or design research
- innovation management, marketing
- creative direction, export management
- trend analysis and forecasting
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Design Culture Now
- Design research
- Thesis Plan Orientation
- IDBM Challenge
- Corporate Entrepreneurship and Design
- Networked Partnering and Product Innovation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Management, Organisation & Leadership International Business View 30 other Masters in International Business in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A portfolio consisting of the applicant’s own works is mandatory. Please upload a single PDF-file to the application system before submitting the application.
- In the portfolio, applicants display work that illustrate their design skills and artistic expression. The portfolio must contain diverse samples of the applicant’s previous design, scientific, professional and/or artistic activity and interests. Artwork/project work can be provided as technical drawings, illustrations or photographs.
- If you present a work that has been undertaken as a team, please clarify your particular role in, and contribution to, the project. The work contained in the portfolio must be catalogued, listing at least the title and/or theme, materials utilized, size, purpose and year of completion of each piece. The catalogue must also detail where and when the work has been exhibited, displayed or otherwise published.
- Transcript(s) of records, degree certificate(s)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.