This Translation programme at Queen's University Belfast has been designed to:
- provide students with an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the discipline of Translation Studies
- enable students to develop the skills upon which professional translator competence is predicated
- provide students with opportunities to advance their expertise in their principal non-native language
- provide students with opportunities for further language-training
- provide students with appropriate opportunities in professionally-based practice
- enable students to develop the higher level cognitive and research skills necessary for further study at doctoral level
Internationally Renowned Experts
Research in Modern Languages at Queen's was ranked 3rd in REF 2014 for Research Intensity and 5th for Grade Point Average, with particular strengths in literary studies, translation and interpreting linguistics, postcolonial studies, visual cultures, digital humanities and medical humanities. The School hosts several large research projects across all the language areas, funded by the AHRC, the Leverhulme Trust and Horizon 2020.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Audio-Visual Translation
- Business of Translation
- Literary Translation
- Principles of Community Interpreting
- Specialist Translation: Legal, Scientific and Medical Texts
- The Identity of the Translator
- Theory and Practice of Translation
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesTranslation & Interpreting Linguistics View 222 other Masters in Linguistics in United Kingdom
- Normally a 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University in a relevant subject.
- A 2.2 Honours degree or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University may be acceptable with relevant professional experience. Applicants with qualifications below 2.2 Honours degree standard may be considered if they can demonstrate a minimum of three years’ relevant professional experience.
International20800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20800 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6900 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.