The focus of the teaching content is on the research areas of nano- and solid-state physics, quantum optics and information, plasma physics, biophysics and soft matter represented at Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf.
This four-semester course of study with the Master of Science (M.Sc.) as a degree is open to admission, but each applicant must individually prove the special suitability for the degree program. As a rule, this is done through a successfully completed bachelor's degree in physics.
The two-year course "Master of Science in Physics" Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf aims to ensure that you benefit from our very special strengths:
- The Master's programme in Physics is internationally oriented.
- The lecture language is usually English.
- We expect broad basic knowledge in physics (both in experimental and theoretical physics) and mathematics as well as initial experience in the laboratory and with scientific work.
- We offer special training at an international level in selected fields of physics.
- We only teach topics in which we are specialists: Look forward to absolute experts as lecturers in every event.
- Design your studies individually through a wide range of options.
- Students in the second year are fully involved in the current research work in a working group.
- Theoretical Biophysics
- Artificial Atoms
- Experimental Plasma Physics
- Experimental Quantum Optics
- Experimental Soft Matter
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- 15 June (for early admission to the winter semester)
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics View 95 other Masters in Physics in Germany
- Bachelor's degree certificate or evidence showing that the degree is very likely to take place before the desired admission to the Master's program.
- Proof of sufficient language skills in English.
- Other evidence showing suitability for the Master's programme in Physics (e.g. own publications, GRE test results, reference letters) can be attached to the application.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
There are no tuition fees. There is only one intake per year.
Living costs for Düsseldorf
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.