A variety of special lectures introduce topics such as natural language processing, computer vision and the analysis of biological & medical data. A particularly important aspect of this degree program is machine learning methods and their applications, with a strong focus on deep learning.
Through a variety of electives, the degree program can be tailored to personal interests. As a graduate of the "Artificial Intelligence and Data Science" degree program at Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf, you will have a solid understanding of the mathematical and statistical fundamentals of AI-related research. You will also gain a good overview of the latest state of the art and a deep understanding of how these algorithms can be applied to specific research problems. In addition, you will be empowered to conduct research in the academic or R&D environment and to recognize how artificial intelligence and data science techniques can provide solutions to data-based IT problems in industry.
- Data Scientist
- AI Specialist
- Methods of Artificial Intelligence in Life Science
- Generative Models and Sampling Methods Algorithmic Game Theory
- Computational Linguistics
- Relational Databases and Data Analysis
- Data & Knowledge Engineering
- Markov Chains
- Neuroimaging and Precision Medicine
- Philosophy of Intelligence
- Statistical Data Analysis
- Statistical Learning
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesData Science & Big Data Artificial Intelligence View 66 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The degree programme has restricted admission. A prerequisite for admission to the degree programme is a first university degree with the required prior education specified in the examination regulations.
- Abstract: You need a bachelor's degree in mathematics, computer science, physics, electrical engineering or a related field whose curriculum includes the modules Analysis I + II, Linear Algebra I and Stochastics I with a total score of at least 30 ECTS (at a level equivalent to the level for computer scientists at HHU). The examination board decides whether you meet the admission requirements.
- The final grade of your Bachelor's degree must be between 1.0 and 2.5 according to the German grading system. With the 'Bavarian Formula' you can convert notes into the German system.
- Not native speakers must demonstrate sufficient English language skills.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
There are no tuition fees. There is only one intake per year.
Living costs for Düsseldorf
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.