Taught by our BAFTA award-winning staff and visiting industry professionals, graduates of the MA Animation at University of South Wales will be in a position to apply for influential creative positions in the film, television, advertising, games, visual novels and mobile app fields.
The MA Animation is taught in a professional and friendly creative environment. All staff are industry trained and active in research and/or consultancy.
You will have studio and workshop tutorials that are supported by lectures, seminars, integrated case study analysis, discussion groups and multimedia presentations.
USW's Animation masters produces flexible, highly skilled animators who can make a significant contribution to the field. Our graduates have successfully gained work at multi award-winning and internationally recognised studios, including A Productions Ltd, Aardman Animations Ltd, ArthurCox, Bermuda Shorts, Beryl Productions International Ltd, Blitz Games, Disney Interactive, Double Negative, MTV, Nexus Productions, Rushes and Tinnopolis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Animation Pre-Production
- Animation Professional Practice
- Animation Production
- Animation Final Production
- Animation Production Review
- Creative and Cultural Entrepreneurship
- Research and Practice in the Creative and Cultural Industries
- Research Paradigms
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesGraphic Design User Experience Design Video Games & Multimedia View 74 other Masters in Video Games & Multimedia in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A good Honours degree in a relevant discipline or appropriate professional qualification; or an HND/HNC and relevant experience; or equivalent international qualifications. Those without such qualifications will be considered on an individual basis, where prior experience will be taken into account.
- All applicants will be invited to a portfolio-based interview, which should include a showreel of recent work. During the interview, applicants will be expected to outline and discuss the project proposal for the Independent Study module and/or major project.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14100 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Part-time UK and EU: £1000 per 20 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.