- Develop basic counselling skills and an understanding of the key issues faced by students and how today’s professionals in education are tackling them. The Master in Education (Commonwealth Supported) (Guidance and Counselling) is offered at University of Southern Queensland.
- You will have the opportunity to study in the areas of advanced counselling in educational contexts, emotional and behavioural problems of children and young people, child wellbeing and protection, and assessment and testing.
- Career opportunities exist in an array of work environments from schools, TAFEs and universities to government agencies and industry. Roles can include guidance officer, guidance counsellor or school counsellor.
- Students planning to work as a Guidance Officer in Education Queensland's state schools usually require registration as a teacher in addition to the Master of Education (Guidance and Counselling). Counselling roles in schools in the Independent or Catholic sectors in Queensland may have different requirements. You should check the requirements with your prospective employer.
- School Counseling
- Child Psychology
- Teen Psychology
- Therapy and Support
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- You can apply throughout the year and for courses that start in three different semesters
- Apply early, to make sure you secure a place
DisciplinesEducation Educational Psychology Educational Leadership View 29 other Masters in Educational Psychology in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Southern Queensland and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- An Australian university bachelor degree, or equivalent, in an education-related discipline.
International26880 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26880 AUD per year during 12 months.
National24560 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24560 AUD per year during 12 months.
Commonwealth supported: AUD 3985
Living costs for Toowoomba
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.