Social Welfare from The Chinese University of Hong Kong has upheld the vision of training competent social workers to have a belief in humanistic values and a genuine concern for social justice.
We believe that the quality of our community can be enhanced through the effort we put into social work training and practice.
Furthermore, we endeavour to maintain as a world leading centre of social work research for developing and disseminating scientifically rigorous and socially impactful social work knowledge for human betterment and social development.
Most graduates are working in the field of social welfare in top administrative, middle management and direct practice levels. A number of our graduates are professors and researchers in social work training institutions. The contributions of these graduates are highly valued by the community.
- Family in Changing Society
- Theories and Practice of Family Counselling
- Theories and Practice of Family Education
- Fundamental Theories of Social Policy
- Social Policy and Social Welfare in China
- Social Theories, Social Welfare and Social Work
- Social Innovation and Innovative Practice for Social Work
- Mental Health and Mental Disorders
- Programme Evaluation
- Social Welfare and Social Policy
- Social Policy and Social Welfare in Hong Kong and East Asia
- Human Behaviour and the Social Environment
- Macro Social Work Practice: Strategic Planning
- Human Resource Development in Social Services
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Clearing Round: 31 March (Applications in Clearing Round will only be considered subject to availability of places.)
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology Cognitive Sciences View 13 other Masters in Social Work in Hong Kong (SAR)
- graduated from a recognized university and obtained a bachelor's degree, normally with honours not lower than Second Class; or
- graduated from an honours programme of a recognized university with a bachelor's degree, normally achieving an average grade of not lower than "B"; or
- completed a course of study in a tertiary educational institution and obtained professional or similar qualifications equivalent to an honours degree.
- English Proficiency
International5363 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5363 USD per year during 24 months.
National5363 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5363 USD per year during 24 months.
HK$42,100 per annum regardless of the study mode
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.