The development of new systems of intelligent, environmentally friendly and integrated transport systems is one of the most important challenges in the 21st century, above all in terms of emissions and the type of energy used. The social interest and industrial business generated by electric vehicles increase the demand for professionals qualified in all the related areas of technology.
The Electric Vehicle Technologies degree from Rovira i Virgili University is the first official master's degree in the whole of Spain specialising in electric cars.
The progressive implementation of electric vehicles will increase the need for engineers with specific knowledge in this ambit; therefore, the principal objective of the master's degree is to produce specialised engineers in collaboration with businesses in this sector and with links to the territory.
Students who successfully complete this master's degree will be qualified to work in the following areas:
- Design, manufacture and testing of prototypes during the process of creating an electric vehicle and its auxiliary electronic components.
- Conception, implementation and testing of any electronic system for processing the energy used by an electronic vehicle and of the embedded control and communications machinery and software used in automation, in accordance with the developmental methodologies used in the sector and the corresponding regulations.
- Product research and development at the level of project design and management.
- Electrical Architecture of Vehicles
- Automobile Software Development
- Design of Digital Systems with FPGA
- High Frequency Electronics and Communications
- Energy Storage and Conversion
- Electrical Energy Generation
- Automotive Development Methodologies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Mechanical Engineering Transportation Engineering View 6 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
The master's degree is aimed at:
- Graduates in Industrial Electronic Engineering and Automation, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Technologies Engineering, Energy Engineering, Telecommunications Systems and Services Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering in Naval Systems and Technologies, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Automation and Industrial Electronic Engineering, Electronic Engineering and related ambits.
- Graduates with official university bachelor's degrees in: Industrial Technical Engineering, specialising in Industrial Electronics; Industrial Technical Engineering, specialising in Electricity; Technical Telecommunications Engineering, specialising in Electronic Systems; and related ambits.
- Individuals currently working in the sector who want to increase their level of training.
International2913 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2913 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA1806 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1806 EUR per year during 12 months.
- 1806€ - for students from the UE, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Switzerland and Andorra, or resident in Spain
- Rest of students: €2,913.
Living costs for Tarragona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.