Highlights and Special Features
The Quantitative Finance at ETH Zurich - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology - entirely taught in English - offers its students a unique blend of training in quantitative methods for finance and economics, covering the fundamental concepts associated with financial economics, financial markets, asset management, and risk management.
A distinguishing feature of the MScQF is its unique combination of economic theory and finance with mathematical methods (probability theory, statistics and econometrics, numerical analysis) for finance and insurance. Lectures are taught by worldwide leading scholars in the field, as well as by leading financial practitioners. Recent developments in the FinTech area are included in several lectures.
Zurich - Academic and Financial Center
Students benefit from the expertise of leading research groups at two top institutions, from the proximity to the Zurich financial center (banks, insurance/reinsurance and consulting companies) and a well-established multi-dimensional cooperation with industry, including internships.
Future Prospects after the MScQF
Graduates are prepared for excellent opportunities to work as specialists in quantitatively oriented areas of the financial services industry. We have high placement rates in risk and asset management and financial product development, as well as connections to top consulting firms.
Events with industry partners are organized each year to show possible career perspectives of a MScQF graduate and to give the students the possibility to connect with industry. As a further help to enter the industry we provide our students and alumni with job and internship openings.
Another career opportunity is to begin doctoral studies in a PhD program in (quantitative) finance, opening the door to an academic career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Financial Economics
- Continuous Time Quantitative Finance
- Computational Methods for
- Quantitative Finance: PDE Methods
- Quantitative Risk Management
- Research Seminar Finance
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Mathematics View 38 other Masters in Economics in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admission to the MSc UZH ETH in Quantitative Finance requires a Bachelor's diploma from a state-accredited University. Bachelor students who will not graduate before 30 September should not apply.
- Please note that we do not pre-assess applications/documents (via e-mail, on the phone or in person). The formal review of diplomas (step 2) will be done by the UZH Admission Office only after a provisional admission by the Steering Committee (step 1).
- We expect a finance, economics and/or science background (mathematics, physics, engineering, data science, etc).
- Practitioners with a suitable academic qualification who would like to get additional and specialized training in quantitative finance are also invited to apply for admission.
- Good knowledge of English is required.
- It will be essential for several classes that students have at least basic experience in one of the major prototyping languages (Julia, Matlab, Python, R, etc.).
International1632 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 816 EUR per semester during 18 months.
National1450 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 725 EUR per semester during 18 months.
The tuition fee for the program per semester (half year) is about CHF 800 plus a supplementary charge of CHF 100 for international students.
Living costs for Zürich
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.