Geology is the core discipline of the Earth Science and encompasses many different phenomena, including Plate Tectonics, Mountain building, Volcanoes, Earthquakes, and the long-term evolution of Earth’s surface features, Atmosphere, Hydrosphere and interior of the Earth. Because of the ever-increasing demand for resources, the growing exposure to Natural Hazards, and the climate change.
On successful completion of the Applied Geology programme at Alagappa University:
- Gain a greater insight into the enormous knowledge of Geologic time and the evidences that support this claim and familiarize the scope and importance of Geology.
- Learn to implement the knowledge in the basic evidences and ideas those support the theory of Plate Tectonics. Understand how the plate tectonic system works, including the role of the different types of plate boundaries and the forces that help to drive the system and also realize how the plate tectonic system has helped to shape the Earth's surface.
- Understand the minerals, rocks and Sediment nature can able to identify the common Rocks and Minerals.
- Recognize the Mineral and Hydrocarbon provinces of India. Student’s exploration strategies, the natural resources in the major areas of study within the discipline of Water, Soil, Forest, Biomass and Marine resources. Analyze, explain, locate, and manage the Disaster Events.
- General Geology
- Advanced Crystallography and Mineralogy
- Stratigraphy and Palaeontology
- Remote Sensing and GIS
- Structural Geology and Geotectonics
- Igneous And Metamorphic Petrology
- Sedimentary Petrology
- Natural Hazards and Management
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
A candidate who has passed Bachelor's degree in Geology with minimum 50% of marks and 45% marks for SC/ST candidates as main course of study of any University accepted by the syndicate as equivalent thereto.
- Cumulative Statement of Marks / Grade Certificates
- Provisional Certificate
- Transfer Certificate of the qualifying degree
- Community Certificate and Medical Fitness Certificate for verification and return except T.C. and Medical Fitness Certificate)
Two Passport-size photographs
International24 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24 EUR per year during 24 months.
National12 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12 EUR per year during 24 months.
- tuition fee: ₹1000
- first year total fee: ₹7000
- foreign students: double the tuition fee plus other fee as applicable
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.