The master’s degree programme Traditional Chinese Medicine at Transilvania University of Brasov is developed in partnership with Beijing University of Chinese Medicine (BUCM), a prestigious Chinese university in the field, hence its specialized disciplines are taught by professors with teaching experience within international programmes developed by this university. The prestige of Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, our partner and collaborator, is directly recognized by its ranking first in the hierarchy of relevant universities in China.
The mission of the study programme of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Braşov is to create opportunities for health professionals to expand knowledge and research of alternative medicine, in order to form highly-trained staff, who will be able to meet the needs of the medical sector at the level of European requirements related to:
- promoting a healthy lifestyle
- a unitary diagnostic approach to the human body
- understanding the principles of complementary therapies that address at the same time some medical devices and systems mainly characterized by the interference with the energy channels characteristic of the human, as well as by non-invasiveness or minimal invasiveness, with a view to evaluating and explaining new situations, in the broader context of integrative healthcare models
- understanding the principles of some complementary forms of therapy (for example, through dance – QiGong) and their informed use for the effective promotion of health from a holistic perspective, by integrating the obtained knowledge of complementary therapies into the principles of western medicine (allopathic), with a view to increasing the quality and safety of patient care.
- Methods of evaluation and examination in TCM
- Concepts of acupuncture
- Advanced Biostatistics
- Medical English
- Formulas in TCM
- Chinese Materia Medica in TCM
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Practices in Internal Pathology
- Translation of scientific research into TCM
- History of TCM
- Traditional Chinese Culture
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Transilvania University of Brasov and/or in Romania, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Application form
- Proof of payment of the registration/admission fee
- A copy authenticated by the competent authorities from the issuing country and a certified translation (in English/French/Romanian if case) for each of the following documents: High school diploma / Bachelor diploma
- Transcripts of records / diploma supplements related to the completed studies – copies and certified translations (in English/French/Romanian if case)
- Certificate of language proficiency in English or the proof that the student studied in English language for at least four years. If not, the applicant will take a language exam.
- Birth certificate – copy and certified translation (in English/French/Romanian)
- Copy of the document attesting the permanent residence abroad (ID Card)
- Copy of the passport;
- Medical certificate
- One photo (passport type)
International5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA810 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 810 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA tuition: 4000 lei
Living costs for Brasov
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.