The Culture and Discourse in the Anglo-American World programme at Transilvania University of Brasov has a very solid practical component as it relies on the acquisition of skills “in action”. Master’s students are taught not only how to draft a cultural project, how to create or translate a text (in different genres), but also how to create and complete a product, with all the items that make it up.
Perspectives after graduation: employees in public and private institutions in the cultural field or with cultural components; creative industries; the publishing market; editorial offices of newspapers, magazines, radio, television that also cover the cultural area; non-governmental organizations, film studios, theatres; teachers for high school education, etc.
- Anglo-American Women's Literature
- New Trends in Sociolinguistic Analysis
- Postcolonial Discourse
- Trends in Discourse Analysis
- The Cultural Contradictions of Modernity
- Theory and Practice in Applied Linguistics
- Trends in Anglo-American Literary Criticism
- Culture and Discourse in the American Cinematography
- Anglo-American Popular Culture
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Transilvania University of Brasov and/or in Romania, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Application form
- Proof of payment of the registration/admission fee
- A copy authenticated by the competent authorities from the issuing country and a certified translation (in English/French/Romanian if case) for each of the following documents: High school diploma / Bachelor diploma
- Transcripts of records / diploma supplements related to the completed studies – copies and certified translations (in English/French/Romanian if case)
- Certificate of language proficiency in English or the proof that the student studied in English language for at least four years. If not, the applicant will take a language exam.
- Birth certificate – copy and certified translation (in English/French/Romanian)
- Copy of the document attesting the permanent residence abroad (ID Card)
- Copy of the passport;
- Medical certificate
- One photo (passport type)
International2000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA708 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 708 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA tuition: 3500 lei
Living costs for Brasov
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.