The training of cybersecurity specialists will be based on the presentation of the concepts of cybersecurity, critical infrastructure, information security and the acquisition of practical skills in determining cyber security threats, risks and vulnerabilities and the rapid and efficient management of systems in the event of security incidents. Transilvania University of Brasov is the first university in the country to offer a master’s programme called Cyber Security with a content that meets the requirements of a modern and highly computerized society.
Perspectives after graduation: Specialists in the field of Science and Engineering, specialists in Information and Communication Technology. Although the occupation of Cyber Security Engineer is not yet defined in the Romanian Classification of Occupations (COR), the evolution towards an information-based society with internet and related technologies, connectivity and the enforcement of 4.0 Industry requires specialists in this field.
- Cryptography and Application Scenarios
- Cyber Security of Information Systems and Service
- Types of Cyberattacks and Threats
- Management of Cyber Security Incidents
- Industrial Control Systems Security
- Business Process Management
- Secure Programming and Application Security
- IT Forensics
- Ethical Hacking and Security Audit
- Data Mining and Data Warehousing
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Transilvania University of Brasov and/or in Romania, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Application form
- Proof of payment of the registration/admission fee
- A copy authenticated by the competent authorities from the issuing country and a certified translation (in English/French/Romanian if case) for each of the following documents: High school diploma / Bachelor diploma
- Transcripts of records / diploma supplements related to the completed studies – copies and certified translations (in English/French/Romanian if case)
- Certificate of language proficiency in English or the proof that the student studied in English language for at least four years. If not, the applicant will take a language exam.
- Birth certificate – copy and certified translation (in English/French/Romanian)
- Copy of the document attesting the permanent residence abroad (ID Card)
- Copy of the passport;
- Medical certificate
- One photo (passport type)
International2430 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2430 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA708 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 708 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA tuition: 3500 lei
Living costs for Brasov
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.