Social Context and Education Policy from The University of the West Indies is intended to provide those in the field of education with relevant knowledge, skills and competencies required to more effectively address the underlying issues and challenges in contemporary education.
- An educator/education worker/education leader, with skills which allow for flexibility in an education based career in formal and non-formal educational settings; and
- An educator with a passion to pursue further research based studies into the fundamental problems facing Caribbean teaching and learning
- Current Issues in Education
- Advanced Sociology of Education
- Caribbean Ideologies and Policies in Education
- Citizenship Education, Democracy and Global Trends Creole Linguistics
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Public Policy Teaching View 11 other Masters in Education in Barbados
- A Bachelor’s degree of at least Lower Second Class Honours and the Diploma in Education of The University of the West Indies or any other diploma or certificate in Education acceptable to the School of Education;
- A Bachelor’s degree with courses in Education acceptable to the School of Education;
- A Bachelor’s degree and a Teacher’s College Certificate that are both acceptable to the School of Education;
- The Bachelor of Education Degree of the UWI or
- Any qualification deemed to be equivalent by the appropriate committee of the Faculty of Humanities and Education.
- Application Processing Fee
- Birth Certificate (certified or notarized copy)
- Curriculum Vitae (2 copies)
- Two (2) Referee reports (PDF)
- Professional Certificates/Diplomas
- Marriage Certificate (where applicable) (certified or notarised copy)
- Legal Affidavit or deed poll if your present name is different from that on the Birth Certificate (certified or notarised copy)
International18525 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18525 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
- International students Part-Time: 9525 USD
- UGC-Funded for national students: BDS$ 6,000.00 and 3,000.00 for part time option per year.
Living costs for Bridgetown
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.