This concerns, for example, the collection, processing, analysis and interpretation of large digital data sets. To this end, the master's degree program conveys the key aspects of modern data science, which is characterized by a blending of the central fields of mathematics, statistics, computer science and machine learning, taking application-related issues into account. With in-depth instruction in the relevant branches of mathematics, statistics and computer science as well as the areas of physical and life sciences that engage in quantitative work, this program provides the skills needed to recognize the relevant problems in data analysis, to develop and apply appropriate mathematical or computer science solutions and to correctly interpret the results within the specific application context. Learn more about this program in Data Science from Freie Universität Berlin.
- Data Science in the Life Sciences
- Selected topics in Data Science Technologies
- Data Science Data Bases
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning in Bioinformatics
- Current Research Topics of Data Science in Life Sciences
- Softwareproject Data Science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Data Science & Big Data View 57 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or an equivalent degree with a total of 180 credit points (LP). These must include at least 20 LP in mathematics modules and at least 10 LP in computer science modules.The 20 LP in mathematics modules must contain at least 5 LP in linear algebra or calculus and at least 5 LP in probability theory or statistics. With regard to the required 10 LP in computer science modules, at least 5 LP must be in algorithms and at least 5 LP in a module that imparted knowledge of a higher programming language, e.g. C/ C++, Java or Python.
- Any applicant who did not earn his or her university degree at an education institution where English is the language of instruction is required to prove English language skills at level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Students do not pay any tuition fees, the university only charges semester fees and contributions each semester.
Living costs for Berlin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.