Why Crop Protection at University of Göttingen?
At a time of population growth and concerns over global food security the investments made in crop production need to be protected from losses due to plant pathogens, insects and weeds. Without crop protection yields fall, food prices rise and maintaining food production levels requires more land leaving less available for recreation and wildlife conservation.
Science, research and innovation offer the only prospect to develop and apply modern crop protection techniques while observing the challenges of natural resources conservation.
MSc Crop Protection Career Perspectives
Crop protection has become a key component to improve and secure crop production efficiency. In view of the growing food demand there is an increasing worldwide need for qualified experts.
The international and multidisciplinary Master program Crop Protection at the university of Göttingen provides students with broad research and analytical skills related to crop protection and opens to them a variety of employment areas:
- Agricultural services
- Agricultural research institutions
- International organizations and institutes
- Consulting companies
- Public administration and advisory boards
- Public and private research centers
- Governmental agencies
- Postgraduate research.
- Best performing students are eligible for a scholarship in the subsequent PhD Programme on Crop Protection.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Scientific Presenting, Writing and Publishing in Crop Protection
- Journal Club on New Topics in Crop Protection
- Basic Laboratory Methods
- Plant Diseases and Pests in Temperate Zones
- Integrated Management of Pests and Diseases
- Pesticides I: Mode of Action and Application Techniques, Resistance to Pesticides
- Pesticides II: Toxicology, Ecotoxicology, Environmental Metabolism, Regulation and Registration
- Crops and Production Systems in the Tropics
- Pests and Diseases of Tropical Crops
- Biological Control and Biodiversity
- Interactions between Plants and Phytopathogens and Viruses
- Mycotoxins and Fungal Virulence Factors
- Molecular Techniques in Phytopathology
- Basics of Molecular Biology in Crop Protection
- Plant Pathology and Crop Protection Seminar
- Plant Virology
- Plant Herbivore Interactions
- Agricultural Entomology Seminar
- Environmental Impact of Genetically Modified Plants
- Weed Biology and Weed Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
DisciplinesPlant & Crop Sciences Ecology View 9 other Masters in Plant & Crop Sciences in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- For admission a Bachelor of Science degree in agricultural sciences, biology or a related discipline following at least 6 semesters of University studies is required. Admission is mainly based on the student’s grade point average, which should be 3.0 (German system, equivalent to a B-) or better.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Semester contribution fee: 355 euro
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.